Accessibility and mental health are related. Ensuring inclusion in Ontario’s schools and throughout society helps to support individuals’ mental health.
We’re committed to equal access and participation for people with disabilities and to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
To do this, we’ll meet the needs of people with disabilities quickly and respectfully. We will work to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility. We will remain open to feedback and strive to improve continuously.
If you have suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 905-527-5092 ext. 2316.
Information and communications
- We will meet internationally-recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA website requirements in accordance with Ontario’s accessibility laws.
- We will provide alternative formats for multi-media content.
- We will use Styles in Word and follow accessible design principles so any new documents are accessible for people who use screen readers. Older documents may not be fully accessible. When asked, we will provide information about our organization and its services in accessible formats or with communication supports.
- We will make sure to include people with disabilities in the photographs we use on our website and communication materials.
- We will use everyday language in our public communication materials.
- We will ensure locations are accessible when hosting in-person events and training; this includes ensuring the space is accessible, there are accessible washrooms and areas are well light. We will provide accommodations for attendees to ensure they can participate fully.
We will train our employees and volunteers on accessibility as it relates to their specific roles.
We will notify employees, potential hires and the public that accommodations are available during recruitment and hiring.
We will notify staff that supports are available for those with disabilities. We will put in place a process to develop individual accommodation plans for employees.