About School Mental Health Ontario
School Mental Health Ontario is a provincial implementation support team. We help school districts enhance student mental health through the use of evidence-informed strategies and services.
Since 2011, we’ve worked alongside the Ministry of Education, English and French school districts and school authorities, and a number of provincial education and health organizations to develop a systematic and comprehensive approach to school mental health.
School Mental Health Ontario provides:
- leadership and guidance about best practices in school mental health
- implementation coaching
- tailored, co-created resources
- mental health literacy for educators and school/system leaders
- training for school mental health professionals
- mental health awareness for parents/families
- a platform for student voice and leadership in school mental health
Through these services, we aim to enhance the quality and consistency of mental health promotion, prevention and early intervention programming in Ontario schools.
Our mission, vision and values
We work together with Ontario school districts to support student mental health.
Our vision is that with consistent access to identity-affirming, evidence-informed mental health information, supports and services – every Ontario student will:
- know how to care for their own mental health in identity-affirming ways
- consider and contribute to the wellness of others
- seek help when mental health problems arise, and
- feel a strong sense of identity, belonging, confidence and hope even in challenging circumstances
School Mental Health Ontario is committed to providing services that are
Co-created with partners
Scalable and sustainable
Student and family-centered
Inclusive and differentiated