Use a chime to begin the end of day quiet reflection.
Ask students to stand in front of their desk. Say:
- It’s time to organize our desks for tomorrow.
- Take a quiet breath through your nose and slowly let it out.
- Stand up straight and take two more breaths in the same way. (PAUSE)
- Place items that you won’t be bringing home in your desk. (PAUSE)
- Stand behind your chair.
- Stretch your arms to the left as you breathe out. Breathe in as you stretch your fingers toward the sky.
- Breathe out as you stretch your arms to the right. Breathe as you bring your arms back to center.
- Continue breathing gently as you lower your arms to your sides.
Roll your shoulders, stand up straight, and smile.